Saturday, July 28, 2018

Oh darling don't you ever grow up.

So Charlie has a baby doll and barbies that she absolutely loves. They are definitely her favorite toys. I've always felt, or at least always wanted to be, very open to my children choosing clothes, colors, or toys because they like them whether they are for "boys or girls". The day I decided to get Charlie a doll and gave it to her she did her crazy happy smile and crawled around with it throughout the day. A day or two after that we went to a thrift store that I like to go to often that has a whole back isle of toys all at kids heights to reach and pick out and such. Charlie was crawling and did the fastest crawl she could with a little squeal to this little doll stroller that had a doll inside of it. I realized then that she really did love dolls/babies. I know I offered cute stuffed animals and probably a doll at some point to Oliver when he was little, and he does like stuffed animals, but not like Charlie loves her doll and barbies. It's been super interesting to me to see how different children are from each other, even when you assume you are doing the same type of parenting for both. 






No comments:

Post a Comment